Can You Save Money With Cash Back Apps?
Whether you are shopping for necessities at the grocery store or engaging in a bit of retail therapy, wouldn’t it be nice to get paid back for the stuff you buy? How great would it be to find money literally waiting for you in your inbox, or your mailbox? I know, sounds too good to be true so we checked out 10 cash back apps to save you money.
If you want to experience that financial joy, you can simply download a cashback app or visit a cashback website. These websites and apps are designed to reward customers for shopping, and here are some of the best ones to consider.
1. Get Upside – If you are feeling the pain at the pump, you need the Get Upside app on your phone. This handy app points you to gas stations that will give you cash back for your purchases, and the money you earn can be used for gift cards or turned into dollars.
2. Ibotta – Would you like to earn cash back rebates on all your purchases? If so the Ibotta app is the one for you. Shoppers can simply search the store, upload a photo of their receipt and earn rebates on the things they buy.
3. Retail Me Not – Have you ever gotten to the last page of an online purchase transaction, only to see the coupon code field? If you want to fill in that field and save some cash, just head over to the Retail Me Not website before you finalize your purchase. This easy-to-navigate website is a clearinghouse for coupon codes, so you can save money on virtually everything you buy.
4. Honey – Honey is another great app for saving money, and you can access it in a number of different ways. You can download the Honey app to your phone or install the browser extension on your tablet, laptop, or computer. When you do you can access coupon codes and money-saving offers for thousands of online retailers, saving you lots of money in the process.
5. Tapestri – This one is not strictly a cashback app, but it will earn you cash. Tapestri pays you for your data, and all you need to do is keep your phone on. You might not make a ton of cash, but getting money for literally nothing is still pretty enticing.
6. Swagbucks – Swagbucks is another website that has been around forever, at least in internet time. This popular website offers rewards and cash for surveys and other kinds of interaction, money that can be turned into gift cards or cashed out in various other ways.
7. Receipt Hog – If you want to make saving money a game, the Receipt Hog concept is the one for you. In addition to cashback and points toward gift cards, the Receipt Hog site features games, sweepstakes, and lots of fun interactive content. Think of it as the gamification of frugal living.
8. Rakuten – Rakuten has been around for a long time, and for good reason. This popular app provides direct payment to its users on a quarterly basis, sending them checks in the mail in the form of rebates for their reported purchases. The process is easy and straightforward, and the qualifications are pretty basic as well.
9. Coin Out – The Coin Out app is another popular cashback option that is easy to use and navigate. Just scan your receipt, upload it to the site and the app takes it from there. This is one of the easiest cashback apps to use, so there is no reason not to add it to your phone.
10. Shopkick – The Shopkick app provides rewards in the form of “kicks”, perks that can add up fast. Users simply upload their receipts when they shop, and the app takes them from there.
These days everyone is feeling financial pain, and in that difficult environment, every little bit of savings helps. If you want to get paid for the stuff you buy, downloading one or more cashback apps to your phone is definitely a good place to start. Each of the 10 apps listed above is a great choice, so open up your favorite app store and start saving some serious cash. And don’t forget to search for unclaimed money!